Thursday, March 12, 2009

I think it is finally happening

Some of you know and some don't so just a short background. When I was in 4th grade I was molested by a friends father. Long story short, he served 1 1/2 years of a 30 year sentence. He has now been out of jail for almost 15 years. Well, it clicked in my head one day, I wonder if he should have to register as a sex offender? So I started making phone calls, to the department of corrections and to the state registry. Well low and behold, YES he is supposed to be registered. So I started making more phone calls, to our DA here and to the County Sheriffs office. I found out that because he was convicted of lewed acts with a minor, he will have to register every 90 days FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!! Well, I found the person at the DA who is working this case, and just found out today that they served him the paper on Feb 23 that he had 3 days to register. Well the deputy serving the papers told him 10 days, whatever. He should have been registered by March 6th at the very latest. Well he has not. Hopefully he will be in jail no later than Monday!!!! Then after that, he has to re-register every 90 days FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I cant begin to tell you how happy I am that this man, well person will have to remind himself every 90 days that he is a sex offender. I so wish now that I would have thought of this earlier. But now, I am the one making his life miserable!!!!!!!! I just wish I could be there to see them haul his ass off to jail, AGAIN!!! I hope everyone is aware of who is in their neighborhoods. I have to drive by this persons house on a daily basis, so it reminds me of alot. And I think that is why I have been so adament about getting this done. I have kids of my own, I do not ever want them to have to go threw what I went through. I so cant wait for the day that he goes back to jail, I just wish it would have been for the remaining 28 1/2 years of the sentence. But I guess I will take what I can get.

No comments: